The season of Holiday Cheer is here again! It’s a time when memories are created. It’s filled with hot chocolate and snow ball fights…friends and family…carols and parties…giggles as we look through the eyes of a child…and let’s not forget the traffic and long check-out lines! It’s about the hunt for the ultimate gift that will show those near and dear to us just how much they are appreciated!
It’s the perfect time to let your staff know just how grateful you are for all of their hard work to keep your company prosperous during the economic challenges of this past year. But if the budget is tight, what do you get a group of people who have been such key players in the success of your company? We have a few ideas listed below – you can pick one, two or more and make it a part of your holiday countdown by having a surprise waiting each day until the holiday vacation!
1. Jingle Jeans – Have a jeans or casual dress day.
2. A short winter’s nap or a power shopping stretch! Give each employee 15-30 minutes extra for lunch one day (this could be spread out over several days).
3. Let the Celebration Begin! Close the office 30-60 minutes early on the day before the holiday break.
4. Holiday Feast of Food, Food, Food! Set up a holiday pitch-in for an office lunch.
5. Custom Holiday Cards! Have a note card waiting at each desk, stating one thing you appreciate about that specific employee.
6. Deck the Halls! Set up a bulletin board where the employees can bring in pictures of their favorite Holiday tradition. Then announce the most “unique” tradition and give that employee two free tickets to a local holiday event.
7. “Hero” Sandwich Luncheon – Bring in lunch for the staff and let them know that because of their hard work, they are all a “Hero” at your company!
8. Look out for Holiday Spirits! Have a contest for the most spirited holiday outfit.
9. “Star”bucks Gift Cards – Let your staff know they are a “Star” by giving them a gift card for a delicious treat at Starbucks (or similar venue).
10. “Thank you for your fabulous Customer Care” Candy Canes – Candy canes are a simple and tasty way to thank your staff for providing great customer care.
11. A Frosty Brain Freeze – Give an afternoon break that will take your employees away from work and back to their childhood! Set up a Sundae bar with all of the fixin’s!
12. The Ultimate Smart Shopper (getting paid to shop!) Set a goal for your department – all who hit the goal get their names entered in a raffle for a half day off with pay so they can finish their shopping and avoid the last minute frenzy!
13. So much to do…So little time! Have a day where everyone brings in 1-2 dozen homemade cookies (along with the recipe). Everyone who participates will have a variety of cookies to take to their next holiday party!
14. Ho! Ho! Ho! Spread Holiday Cheer! Work together to bring joy to someone’s holiday. Start a “Toys for Tots” campaign and select an agent or two to help deliver them to the charity. Write it up in the company newsletter.
Keep your PRO StatusSign up to get the latest news and updates from PhonePRO and keep your PRO status....
Click here to signup now >>